200RYT Vinyasa Teacher Training
Our 200hr Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) Foundational Vinyasa Teacher Training & In-Depth Study emphasizes a dedicated, regular practice of asana, pranayama, meditation, and exploration of theory. The Foundational 200hr course is open to all level of students, as it will lay the foundation upon which to teach — from a place of experiential knowledge.
What to expect in this online interactive course with Sara Turk.
Throughout the training & in-depth study, all lectures will include elements of theoretical and practical application of teaching yoga. While the fundamentals of teaching can be learned through education, there is an art to the presentation of a class that comes from within the individual, rooted in authenticity. A dedicated practice of yoga is critical to the continuing self-education of a teacher, yet one must also practice the art of teaching in order to develop the skills necessary to be a successful conveyer of yogic knowledge. This training will provide a solid foundation, as well as ample opportunity to practice your teaching skills before embarking in the 'real world’ on your own.
By utilizing the Ashtanga Primary Series as a practice and teaching template, you will understand the fundamentals of a vinyasa-style practice. Upon completion of all online sections AND in-person intensives, you will be able to teach & assist vinyasa styles of yoga. Those who undertake deeper study of the ASHTANGA-VINYASA system itself will be able to teach Ashtanga with confidence.
200hr Foundational Teacher Training/In-Depth Study includes (but not limited to):
- Fundamentals of Teaching (Sequencing, Adjustments, Presentation, etc)
- The Practice of Teaching
- Professionalism & Business of Yoga
- Alignment, Energetics, & Adjustments (Surya Namaskara A & B, Ashtanga Standing, 1/2 Primary Series, Closing Backbends & Inversions)
- Common Injuries seen in Yoga & How Yoga helps
- Basic Prop Use to enhance a yoga practice
- Western Anatomy & Physiology (utilizing David Keil’s online Anatomy Course, included in tuition)
- Eastern/Energetic Anatomy
- Yoga Philosophy — The 8 Limbs of Yoga; Yoga Sutras
- Self-Study & Self-Practice
- Ethics of Teaching Yoga
- Intro to Yoga Mythology
- Weekly conference calls while enrolled in training, with the exception of national holiday weekends
- Required Solo Teaching of 60 min public class (with direct feedback via Zoom)
- Foundational Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Manual written by Sara B. Turk (digital format)
- Discounts on non-teacher training online courses
- 6 month membership to CBYtv+ for required asana hours included in tuition
- Eligibility for Alumni access to continually updated course
Students completing the 200hr development program will receive a Vinyasa Yoga Teaching Certificate. Upon successful completion, graduates will be eligible to register as a 200-RYT Vinyasa Teacher with Yoga Alliance. Sara Turk's 200hr Vinyasa Teacher Training & In-Depth Study well exceeds expectations and requirements for Yoga Alliance.
Key benefits from this course
- Sara brings you 20+ years of yoga practice experience and 15+ years teaching experience.
- Successful completion allows eligibility to register as a 200RYT with Yoga Alliance, should you choose to do so.
- Curated on-demand lectures allow you to study at your own pace, as your schedule allows from anywhere in the world.
- Monthly payment plan allows more flexibility for those with a tighter budget.
- Weekly conference calls allow for direct time with Sara from anywhere.
- CBYtv+ access allows you to practice live with Sara from anywhere.
Do you offer a payment plan?
How long will I have to finish?
If it's online, how is it interactive?
What if I don't know if I want to teach?
What if I can't make the bi-weekly calls?
What is your refund policy?
"Best yoga in all of Houston! As a graduate of the 200hr Teacher Training Course, I can attest to the level of detail and care that the Owner, Sara Turk, puts into her training of aspiring yoga instructors. All those who graduate from this program have undergone a rigorous schedule of theoretical and hands-on-training. Also, I noticed a stark improvement in my own personal practice as a result of completing this program. Highly recommended for all those looking to deepen their own practice!"
Embark on Your Journey
Now that you're ready, let's begin! Whether you decide to teach upon completion, or not, there's no doubt this will be a profound experience of self-development and exploration.
CBYtv subscriptions and all online courses, including teacher training and mentorships, are presented by & copyright of Cherry Blossom Yoga, LLC.